A CSV template for publishing the details of licences required in order to carry out retail sale of alcohol or the provision of regulated entertainment or the provision of late night refreshment. This includes any location where such activities take place including a building, a moveable structure, an open space, a vehicle or vessel.
- License: Data providers are encouraged to publish under the Open Government Licence. While the LGA maintains a copyright to the documentation, the standard does not appear to be licensed
- About the Publisher: The Local Government Association represents the interests of English and Welsh municipal councils in national government. The LGA also promotes communication between local government authorities and develops best practices. LGA standards have been developed in response to the UK's Local Government Transparency Code, which encourages the publication of government data in standardized machine-readable formats.
- Updated by Publisher: 11/3/2014
- Level of Use: 377 District and County Councils are members of the LGA
- Open License: Yes
- Transferable to other Jurisdictions: Many fields require URIs that are specific to UK legal code
- Stakeholder Participation: The Local Government Association consists of local government officials who collaborate to develop best practices for local authorities, the would-be stakeholders.
- Consensus-based Governance: Although schemas and documentation are held on GitHub, changes can only be decided by the LGA
- Extensions: The LGA provides a CSV template, and extensions are not supported by the LGA data portal
- Machine Readable: CSV format required
- Human Readable: CSV template has readable headers
- Requires Real-Time Data: Dates included in the licenses are noted, as well as the date that the data was extracted from its source database, but there is no requirement for consistent publication
- Metadata: No information
Added to directory: 8/20/2017